Going Rogue Is Rarely a Good Idea

On Behalf of WEA’s More Conservative Members #14 How to Become Part of Your Local’s Endorsement Process Going Rogue Is Rarely a Good Idea 5.6.20 During the rollback controversy I mentioned in my last posting, one of our local association members went rogue. In doing so, he destroyed his ability to influence anyone and became a pariah. There’s a significant difference between openly opposing a plan and secretly setting out to torpedo the plan, once it passes. This particular member attended multiple local association general membership meetings on the rollback controversy and then immediately went to central administration and told them everything that happened. At this point, some of you are saying, “But Mortland, by writing these blogs you are going rogue. How can you justify doing that? The answer is simple. I’m not doing it in secret. Before I began this endeavor, I spoke with several WEA colleagues, whose opinion I value. Then, before I began taking action, I shared my concern with WEA President Larry Delaney. He said he understood my concerns and was not uncomfortable with what I proposed to do. He even provided part of the opening line for me, when he suggested I was doing something “On Behalf of WEA’s More Conservative Members.” In acknowledgement of his open mindedness and support, I acceded to his request to see each of these postings before they go out. I don’t usually allow anyone to have such power over my free speech, but Pres. Delaney has earned the consideration, in my mind. So, here we are, discussing some of the more controversial issues of WEA from the standpoint of a life long, moderate Republican and fifty year WEA member. What appears here will often challenge things WEA has said or set about to do. It is open to any reader who looks at my blog and anyone on Facebook. Comments are optional, but they can become the beginning of meaningful dialogue and possibly even changes in position. This is not “Going Rogue”, and it may result in bringing more WEA members into a more active participation. ------------ Ken Mortland is a member of WEA-Retired, continuing a long career of activism in WEA/NEA. He is also a lifelong Republican and a member of Mainstream Republicans of WA Board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sec. of State Handles Calls for Help from Other States

ARE THE ATTACKS ON USPS AN ATTACK ON THE CONSTITUTION?

The Righteous US v. The Evil Them