Why I’ve Decided to Support Kim Wyman: Comment on Partisanship by Sec. of State Wyman

On Behalf of WEA’s More Conservative Members #37 Why I’ve Decided to Support Kim Wyman: Comment on Partisanship by Sec. of State Wyman Partisanship of Election Leaders? Election leaders must not be partisan “But more important, I have found over 27 years working in elections that election administrators cannot act in a partisan manner. Doing so destroys the foundation of our elections. I supported vote-by-mail because I thought it was the right thing to do for our voters, not because of the partisan effects it might have. As Washington’s chief elections officer, I can’t ever place politics above the confidence people put in our elections system. As I said before, public confidence is the most critical element of our elections.” “Even in a pandemic, it’s wrong to dismiss voter concerns, so I will keep listening to voters who have concerns about our system; they must have confidence in our elections, and they deserve straight answers. I hope states across the country will support giving voters more, not fewer, options for voting. Republicans, Democrats and independents should all be able to feel comfortable about their states expanding absentee voting. In Washington state, we’ve proven it works.” ------------ Ken Mortland is a member of WEA-Retired, continuing a long career of activism in WEA/NEA. He is also a lifelong Republican and a member of Mainstream Republicans of WA Board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sec. of State Handles Calls for Help from Other States

ARE THE ATTACKS ON USPS AN ATTACK ON THE CONSTITUTION?

The Righteous US v. The Evil Them