Commentary of Washington Policy Center's Education Blog posting of June 23, 2021

Commentary of Washington Policy Center's Education Blog posting of June 23, 2021, about Critical Race Theory. There are too many aspects of this issue to include them all here. Today, I will focus on what’s been done in the past, as it might relate to “Critical Race Theory”. 1] When I taught my WA State History class a unit on Japanese American Internment, was I teaching an event in history, or was I teaching Critical Race Theory? 2] When I taught my Comparative Cultures Class on Russian & the Soviet Union about the pograms, was I teaching a series of events in Imperial Russian History, or was I teaching Critical Race Theory? 3] When I taught my Comparative Cultures Class on the Middle East about the Holocaust, was I teaching about an example of events commonly directed at Jewish communities, or was I teaching Critical Race Theory? These may seem like rhetorical questions, but I do not intend them to be. Since WPC seems unalterably opposed to teaching Critical Race Theory, I need to know what that might mean for today’s teachers. Please reply to these questions, so that I and other readers may better understand you intent and concerns. You may either respond to this comment or post another original blog item that addresses these questions. This message will be posted on the WPC Education Center webpage, my Facebook page, and this blog space, as well as being sent to you, personally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sec. of State Handles Calls for Help from Other States

ARE THE ATTACKS ON USPS AN ATTACK ON THE CONSTITUTION?

The Righteous US v. The Evil Them